REA’s mission is to help build a greener Europe with prosperous, inclusive societies and economies that take full advantage of the digital age.
This section is now empty. Please contact us for more information about this programme.
Mandated by the European Commission to support the EU Research and Innovation policy, the European Research Executive Agency (REA), funds high-quality research and innovation projects that generate knowledge for the benefit of society. REA also manages promotion measures concerning agricultural products.
REA’s responsibilities are to:
- Manage research projects supported under Horizon Europe, the world’s largest framework programme for research and innovation to date, running from 2021 to 2027.
- Manage research projects supported under Horizon 2020, the previous framework programme for research and innovation (2014-2020).
- Implement the European Union programmes Promotion of agricultural products and Research Fund for Coal and Steel, as well as ongoing projects funded under the EU’s 2014-2020 budget.
- Assist funding and tender applicants, beneficiaries and independent experts.
- Manage the European Commission’s Research Enquiry Service, which answers questions from grant applicants, EU-funded researchers and the public.
- Support independent experts evaluating project proposals competing for EU research funds.
- Assist with the legal and financial validation of all European Union programme grants and procurement operations directly funded by the European Commission.